Fresh Mango Pico de Gallo
So not an expert, but salsa is more liquid-y (is that a word...? eh, good enough). This chunky, mango pico takes most foods (heirloom tomatoes, black beans, fish, burgers, chicken.... seriously, I could go on) from "meh" to magical. Easy, quick and oh so yum.
- 3 ripe mangoes, diced
- Zest and juice from one lime
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed and minced
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- Combine all ingredients into one bowl
- Give it a mix
- Refrigerate and let the flavors come together, at least 30 minutes. Or if you're in a hurry to eat it, or if you just want to eat it, dive right in. It's still pretty darn good!