No Bake Cocoa-Nut Bars
My kiddos LOVE bars. I do not. Sure I buy them, they eat them; BUT, I like to balance it out (when life allows) with bars that I know what’s inside! These are super quick and super yummy....a TREAT! (gluten and dairy free)
- I cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup fresh ground nut butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree*
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Optional: mix in nuts of choice
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cocoa, chocolate protein and spices.
- Warm nut butter and honey in microwave to soften.
- In food processor, stand or hand mixer: blend nut butter, pumpkin, honey and maple syrup until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. *If too dry (if it's more of a dough than a batter) add more pumpkin puree or 1-2 tbsp almond or coconut milk.
- Line 9 x 9 brownie pan with parchment. With rubber spatula, shape dough into pan and press to make flat. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. Cut into small bars. (I store in fridge).