It’s Mediterranean week in the Bevil house......when I meal plan for the week I stick with a region, similar flavors so less waste..... and this is a must have all the time!
- 15.5 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle on top
- Paprika and sumac to dust top (if no sumac, lemon zest)
- In food processor, combine all ingredients except oil and spices for top.
- If too dry, add up to 2-3 tbsp water.
- With motor running, drizzle in oil until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Once in serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and dust with seasoning.