Sausage & Brussels Sprouts Pizza
One of my all-time favorite pizza toppings coming together in my favorite @lodgecastiron skillet!
- One batch of my quick pizza dough
- Extra virgin olive oil (I use garlic infused from @simplyinfused.oliveoil.shop )
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Mild Italian sausage (I use @marblecreekfarmstead)
- Brussels sprouts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Goat's milk feta, for garnish (I use @stonehollowfarmstead)
- Pickled onion, for garnish (click here for recipe)
- Preheat oven to 450, as specified in the homemade dough recipe.
- Create pizza dough.
- Brush dough with garlic extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes and bake according to directions, 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- While it bakes, sauté sausage, set aside, and add Brussels sprouts to sausage drippings. Cook until caramelized. Add sausage back to skillet. Season to taste.
- Remove baked crust and top with sausage mix, crumble some goat’s milk feta, add no-sugar pickled onions and a drizzle of olive oil & aged balsamic 🙌🏼
C’mon man! Turn on pre-season football and just be happy.