Mediterranean Skillet Chicken
😱Spring Break is a few days away and this week is dragging. Post polygon the temps in the deep South have dropped, so I'm making this Mediterranean Skillet Chicken to feel that sun and dream of the coast☀️☀️
Thanks @themeditteraneandish for the recipe. I've made some changes, but only because I’ve gotta work with what I have on hand! #momlife
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 package of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- handful arugula
- Season the chicken (both sides) with half the oregano, salt and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add tomatoes, shallot and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, lemon juice and rest of seasonings. Cook to reduce, about 2 minutes.
- Add rest of broth and bring to boil. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until done (temp of 165) about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with a handful of arugula, a little squeeze of lemon juice, and voila! You're sitting on the Mediterranean.