Marinated Skirt Steak
Marinated and quick broiled skirt steak is simply the best. This dish is so versatile you'll want to prepare a double batch to last a few meals. I typically eat mine with roasted veggies and guacamole, and it makes great fajita or taco filling for the kiddos. And in the morning I toss the sliced steak onto scrambled eggs and, bam. You have one delicious breakfast.
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 2-3 tbsp orange juice, lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- Mix all ingredients in a ziploc bag. Marinade at least one hour or up to overnight.
- Turn broiler in oven to high
- Line broiler pan or sheet pan with aluminum foil and spread any chopped veggies you like (I use peppers, onions, asparagus and garlic) and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place broiler rack or cookie rack on top of veggies.
- Remove meat from marinade. Place on rack. Broil each side 4-6 minutes. When you flip meat, mix veggies.
- Let meat rest 5 minutes. If veggies need a few more minutes, leave them.
- When serving slice the steak against the grain.