Roasted Veggie Frittata
What do I do with all those roasted veggies? How do I get in 7-11 servings of veggies a day, everyday? This little beauty is one answer. Here is a family friendly Roasted Veggie Frittata:
- 1 - 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced or spiralized
- 1 garlic clove, whole and peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional, if you like a little kick) to taste
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup whole milk or half + half
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or gruyere (optional garnish)
- Arugula and fresh cherry tomatoes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On lined baking sheet, toss bell peppers, red onion, zucchini and whole, peeled garlic clove in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Roast in oven 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss. Put back in oven to finish roasting, an additional 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, Parmesan, milk or half + half, salt to taste, pepper to taste. Smash roasted garlic clove and scrape into egg mixture.
- Melt butter or ghee in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Toss in roasted veggies.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies in skillet and lower heat to medium low. Cook two minutes (don't stir!!).
- Bake in oven for 20-24 minutes until puffy and set.
- If desired, top with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella or gruyere, cooke 2-3 minutes more to melt.
- Serve with arugula and fresh cherry tomatoes.