Refreshing Tzatziki + Stuffed Bell Peppers
Great little snack idea. If you love crunch and need more veggies and protein, then this is for you.
Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers, 2 ways. Both are stuffed with leftover grilled chicken (I always make extra). One is topped with my classic hummus and Tzatziki sauce. The other, guacamole and lime zest. My younger girls love this after school snack and like to stuff their own. I always steal one or two.
Recipe for homemade refreshing Tzatziki:
If I could swim in this stuff I would. It takes most food to the next level (who needs ranch when Tzatziki is around?). I am telling you... just dip leftover chicken, steak, crunchy veggies, grilled shrimp in it for a fab snack or use as a spread on sandwiches.
- 1 English cucumber, ends trimmed off, peeled in stripes (half skin on, half skin off) and diced
- 1 1/2 cups whole fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced or grated
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped fresh dill to garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop. I like to let it sit 2 hours, but again... when I want it, I want it.
- To serve: give it a stir, adjust seasonings if needed. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and garnish with dill if using.