If sauce made with butter and cream is wrong I don’t want to be right.
An absolute French classic: Mussels Marinieres. Sounds fancy but it’s French fast food! Seriously 😉😋 Quick 15-20 mins max and just a handful of ingredients.
- 1 leek, pale green to white part, finely chopped and rinsed
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 tbsp Kerrygold butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Several sprigs of thyme
- In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks and garlic and stir until soft, approximately 5-8 mins.
- Add wine, cream and butter. Give a quick stir.
- Add mussels, salt and pepper, parsley and thyme. Quick stir.
- Adjust heat to medium high. Cover. Steam 8-10 minutes until mussels open.
- Serve warm with a baguette or crispy fries. Well, you gotta get that sauce! Not having a Feed Your Soul moment? Then Fuel Your Body and skip the bread, grab a spoon. Quinoa, spinach or rice work too.
- Bon Apetite.