Cherry Almond Dutch Baby via Smitten Kitchen
Sunday family Brunch: a beautiful Cherry Almond Dutch Baby from @smittenkitchen, pastured eggs, bacon and gorgeous, local strawberries. After an incredible sermon @brook_hills Ephesians 3:17. Heart and belly full.
- 3 large egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (more or less to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, well-toasted
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon wedges
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk egg, sugar, flour, milk, extract and salt together until the batter is blended but lumpy; you can also do this in a blender.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof frying pan, melt butter. Add cherries and cook until warmed, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in batter and transfer to heated oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and rumpled-looking. (I err on the side of more cooking time with these pancakes, because I find the longer, within a range, they cook, the more rumpled and golden they get.)
- Remove pancake from oven and quickly scatter with toasted almonds, dust with powdered sugar and squeeze lemon juice over. Serve in wedges, piping hot.