Authentic Mexican Guacamole
For my 30th birthday, my client Daniela gave me a molcajete and, more importantly, her family’s guacamole recipe 😛🙌🏻 Although I love guacamole ALL ways (lime, garlic...even bleu cheese added), this reminds me of my sweet friend.
- 3 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed
- 3-4 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 3 rip avocados
- 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- Add white onion, jalapeno, cilantro and sea salt to molcajete (stone mortar & pestle). Grind to form a smooth paste.
- Add flesh from avocados, mash to combine but leave chunky.
- Stin in Roma tomatoes. Adjust salt as needed.
No mortar & pestle? Chop all ingredients and stir in bowl! Can’t think of a way I don’t ❤️ #guacamole (on grassfed burger patty, with eggs, dipping jicama, peppers and leftover chicken in it...in salads, on fish, just with a spoon.....). Fuel that feeds my soul.