Meyer Lemon + Thyme Roasted Chicken
If I was going to be a fragrance it would have to include Meyer lemons (lavender too, but not with the chicken😂). I love this easy roast chicken. Perfect family dinner and your house smells, well like Home.
Ingredients + Directions
- Preheat oven to 450
- Ready chicken: 3-4 lb whole chicken, rinsed and skin dried (giblets removed!)
For the Compound Butter:
- 2 T soft butter
- 3 T fresh thyme, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- Zest from Meyer lemon, then cut in half and set aside.
- Combine ingredients in bowl (except lemon and half garlic) . Set aside.
- 1 1/2 lbs washed, new red potatoes. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Place potatoes in cast iron skillet or roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 T olive oil, salt & pepper, 2 remaining cloves of minced garlic. Toss to coat.
Put it all together:
- Place chicken, breast side up on top of potatoes. Rub compound butter all over chicken. Squeeze juice from halved lemon over chicken and potatoes. Place lemon halves in cavity with several sprigs of thyme.
- Roast in oven 50-60 mins until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven, place chicken on cutting board, tent with foil. Let rest 5-10 mins. Meanwhile, toss potatoes. If need a bit more time until crispy and golden, return potatoes to oven checking at 5 min intervals.
- Adjust seasonings. Serve!